Thursday, February 25, 2016

How Much Longer Do I Have?

My how life changes and can turn on a dime! I used to read blogs and books on narcissism and psychopathy. These days, its blogs and forums on cancer. I'm learning so much. One of early mags I came across is located at:http://www.curetoday.com/. Tons of useful information!
It's hard not to wonder at times with Stage 4 bone mets (breast) cancer how much longer do I have? The answer is nobody knows! As long as it stays confined to my bones, I could last years and years with a high quality of life.
I've just been reading of long term survivors who have been living with it for 17, 12 and 23 years respectively. http://www.curetoday.com/…/hope-in-the-face-of-death-living…
That's pretty darn good IMO. I could live to the age of 90! Cool! I'm just ornery enough to do it too! LOL.
When my cancer journey began in 2010, I thought, well, let's whack that breast off, and get on with the business of living! Caught very early, (primary site was only about the size of a dime or your thumbnail @ 8mm.) All went well, and everything seemed very promising.
Then 5 years later, I found out nature was saying "Not so fast there! You're not done yet!" Okay. So let's see how it goes! I am intrigued by this new journey of bone mets (breast) cancer.